Platinum Clownfish

ladymaiden

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
Oh man, I saw a pair of these today. They were beautiful, but they had a very ugly price. $800 each. The guy told me that there were only 18 in the US and I was looking at 2 of them. I know that they are rare, but I feel like he was kind of stretching it a little. I cant believe a little mom and pop store here in B.R would happen to have 2 of them, for them to be that rare. Either way, I definitely know I wont be the proud owner of either of them......:(

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I just looked up on these. If they're ORA fish, then they're being tank bred, so the stuff about "only 18" is nonsense.

Personally, I'm not really into the designer clownfish thing. A nice pair of natural, tank-bred clownfish is fine with me.

I saw a bunch of the ORA clowns at a show recently. Some of them are expensive, but I guess it depends on your taste and your wallet whether they're worth it to you.

ladymaiden

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
like most people, i dont care much for overpriced tank bred fish. yeah, they are beautiful, but not for me. usually they are the ones you cant afford to die and te first ones to die. i bought some angels from him. they were the first and most likely the last fish I will buy from him. He is overpriced on his fish, but the angels he has were the first I have been able to find around here in a while.