platties...fatties more like...

Nov 3, 2005
'serendipity' tank
my red wag platties are huge...
they are getting soooooooooo fat...

trouble is that they score ALL the food as it goes in...
they slurp up the flakes at the top...
snaffle the bloodworms as they sink...
and snuffle up the sinking food meant for the cories...

how can i get food past these guys...
they are getting massive ... :)

Last edited:

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
ROTFL!!! When I have greedies, I usually distract them with a little bit of something in a corner, then move around where I drop in anything else. Platties are usually greedy but a wee bit dim. ;)

Nov 3, 2005
'serendipity' tank
Seleya said:
ROTFL!!! When I have greedies, I usually distract them with a little bit of something in a corner, then move around where I drop in anything else. Platties are usually greedy but a wee bit dim. ;)
i do this...I DO THIS...no good at all...
my platties are smart...they scoot everywhere...
they end up as bottom feeders...super quick...
crazy fatt platts...:):):)

Sep 8, 2005
I soak variety wafers in aquarium water for a few minutes then drop them in for the cories. Then i slowly feed the greedy guppies and platies while the bottom feeders eat. It has worked 80% of the time. Once or twice a week i put extra frozen BBS and bloodworms in before i do a water change. Everybody eats good on those days.

Nov 3, 2005
'serendipity' tank
prettypleco said:
I soak variety wafers in aquarium water for a few minutes then drop them in for the cories. Then i slowly feed the greedy guppies and platies while the bottom feeders eat. It has worked 80% of the time. Once or twice a week i put extra frozen BBS and bloodworms in before i do a water change. Everybody eats good on those days.

cool...soak the wafers first...
that's why i can't get them to sink... :):):)
gonna try that tonite...

Nov 3, 2005
'serendipity' tank
Lotus said:
Cories stay active at night, but platies don't. So, you can always drop in some sinking food after lights-out for the cories. Sinking shrimp pellets are usually popular with cories and loaches.
groovy...i drop in stuff for my ple*o after lights out...
i'll pop in some sinkers for my cories too...
chears y'all ... :):):)