platy poop question

Apr 7, 2005
NUNYA
I was just down at my aquarium looking at my fish and I happen to take notice that the poop on my one platy is clear they look like connected bubbles, i know this is going to sound stupid but is this normal or what does it come from.
I think I read something about this before but i'm not sure, could it be some kind of internal parasite or something?
If it is what do I do to treat her and can I treat with the other fish in the tank also, cause I really don't have anything else that I can put her in.
Depending on what it is and there is something I cant treat them with would it be good to treat the others just in case they may have it, I'm starting to have the platys popping out baby's a good bit now and I don't want them to have it.

Can someone please help??

Apr 7, 2005
NUNYA
Thanks a bunch Avalon. That sticky really helped. I read the whole thing. I'm not sure that I'm ready to try the garlic thing. I have a fish store in the town next to ours that has Seachem Metronidazole 5 grams for $4.99 The store is called that fish place that pet place. I found it in their catalog.

As far as the fish eating it eats very well, and it doesn't look like it has a sunken belly. I took notice that the last time it's feces had like a clear bubble then it had a solid spot then a clear spot and a bubble again or two. That was the first time that I have ever taken notice to that in that fish before. I posted also on another web site that says it may just be passing gas. I didn't know fish pass gas or is someone trying to be a smart azz.

If if go get this Seachem Metro stuff, I have a 20 gallon tank, do I have to take the filters/carbon out? Cause if so doesn't taking out the carbon filters kill the bacteria that I have built up in my tank?

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
You will need to take the carbon out. You can leave the filter in. You might have to cut a slit in the filter pad to empty the carbon. After treating, use fresh carbon to remove the rest of the medication.

And no, fish don't pass gas like that. I would treat early before advanced symptoms set in.