Please Help... Bacteria Help Needed...

MadridKid

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2007
California
Okay, I got this bacteria thats growing all over my 22 gallon. This happened ever since I took the heater out to put into my fry tank. By the way, all my fry are dead. I want to make sure putting in the heater again won't cause a bloom.( Bacteria looks like....White, hairy stuff) Another problem, my 10 gallon is growing plants in it! I put water in and all of a sudden i get like these flowers growing!

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
I don't know why the heater would be a problem. I had a white fuzzy algae problem like that early on in my tank cycle too. Lots of water changes and lots of vacuuming of the tank got rid of it completely.

And I'm confused your 10G is growing plants you didn't put there?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I don't think anyone understands your question, if there is one.

It's most likely not bacteria in your tank. Perhaps fungus on rotting food? I don't know.

Are they flowers or plants? What was in the tank before you added water? Where was it stored before the water was added?

To be honest, I don't know what fish you have in which tank, and which tanks have problems. Please try to explain this when you post, as most of us don't keep track of everyone else's tanks. Your signature clearly isn't up to date, so it's just confusing for people (in addition to the irritating bouncy smileys). :)