Please help. Dying mollys :(

Jun 8, 2012
Texas
Help my mollys are dying they are just floating at the bottom.but they are.moving their mouths and gills.
They live in a tank with 82°F water 2 platys and 2 sucker fish.
Ive been giving them flake food omega one color.
But they don't seem to want to eat it.
Please please.help.quick !! :'(

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Welcome to the forum! We would need a lot more info. How large is the tank? How long has it been set up and how long have you had the fish? Is the tank cycled? What are the exact numbers when you test the water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? If you don't have a test kit you could take a water sample to your LFS, but make sure they give you the numbers and not just "fine".

Jun 26, 2012
Vermont
I'm no expert, but that water seems too warm to me. With the temp that high, they might be trying to spawn... keep it cooler, between 76 and 78 is plenty. Also you didn't indicate your tank size, but hopefully it's at least 1 gallon per fish, minimum.

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
That temp will be ok but I do agree a little cooler is better. This sounds like a new tank that has done the ammonia spike they all do. Thyra is asking the right questions. If its a new tank a 50% water change wont hurt any. Be sure to keep the temps very close and treat the tap water.