please help me! My Rainbow shark...

Feb 5, 2007
my rainbow shark keeps swimming up the filter!
i pick up the filter she swims out i put it back in and she swims right back up it again...does anyone have any explanation or a solution for this?
it would be greatly apreciated. :D :D

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
If theres no basket get mesh of some sort, screen, netting, panty hoes... and tie it around the base. How does a rainbow shark even fit in the filter? Must be a baby.

Feb 5, 2007
yeah shes small. and i have a hob filter..she isnt actually in the filter there is the cage then a tiny gap then the electrical part, and she goes up in there to hide i am guessing and then the suctions gets her stuck. just put panty hose on the end?

Fishee

New Fish
Feb 6, 2007
Hi its cherriosxx. My acount wasnt working so i now have this one = ]

Well, i had recently removed the cave , because it was so big and my smaller tank had no room to swim. So i think that may be the case. The panty hose worked wonderfully, i think she is angry she just hovers by the filter now, ive been watching there is no bully-ing going on suprisingly because my other shark is a good size bigger then her. So i need to find a smaller a cave, i checked jacks and petsmart, nothing big enough for her to fit in but small enough for the cave. anysuggestions?
thanks for all advice.

oh and there tank is becoming dirty/smells, im assuming this is because of the panty hose?