please, help me with my catfish?

channy

New Fish
Oct 4, 2006
hello,

yesterday i bought a catfish and a shark silver, i didn't realize until i get home that the catfish missed a mustage and in the right side of his mouth is a little red, i think maybe other fish in the store bite him or something, is this a big deal, what can i do?

i am a new member and this is the first time i am here, thanks for help me.

i have a 20 gallon tank and just this two fish:p

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Welcome to the site. :)

You should probably call the store and ask if they will exchange the fish. You should always check fish over thoroughly before you pay for them. It's better to pick the one you want while it's in the tank, then double-check before you pay, to make sure it's healthy.

What catfish is it? What kind of silver shark? Both sound to me like they may get too big for your tank, but I can't really tell without knowing exactly. :)

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
You're off to a great start by only buying 2 fish for your tank! Good job! What kind of catfish and "silver shark" are they? If you are just starting up this tank, you want to make sure the first fish you get are hardy enough to live through a tank cycle.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Yes, if it is a bala shark, it is not suited to your tank. Bala's like schools of 6 or more and grow to be 12" long. If this tank is uncycled, I would recommend taking the shark back to the fish store and getting some danios to "cycle" the tank for you, all while doing 25% water changes(treating the water each time of course!) every other day so they don't die of ammonia/nitrite poisoning. Please read the stickies on the beginners info page about tank cycling.