Please ID this stuff for me

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
What are these branch looking things?

Are these things a type of sea fan/tubeworm? I did see a tiny worm moving around on this rock.

What is all this hair looking stuff?

Can you tell what type of button polyps these are?

What type of mushroom is this?

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
1- dont know exact name, but they are a worm type thing that live in tubes, I think.

2- small featherdusters/fanworm

3- algae

4- one on right looks like aiptasia to me

5- looks like just a regular red mushroom

Last edited:

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
1. macro algae
2. fan worms
3. alge or mulm that is on the rock
4. pick is blurry but they look like majano anemonies
5. pic is to blurry to tell, probably just a regular purple shroom

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Picture 4 isnt' all that great. I coudln't find any picture on WWM that looked like them. I did check out the aptasia page. They have a bright green color in the center. I'll see if I can get a better pic.

can I move the macro algae to my fuge when the get bigger? Would I just cut them at the base?

Will the fan worms get any bigger?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
That is what I was told it was. If it is that's cool. Macro, to me, is something good. I'm just hoping I could move it to my refugium instead of letting it grow in the main tank. I'm not sure if it will develop leaves or not. Does anyone have a picture of what it would look live when it develops?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
The first definitely looks like a sort of macro (goodthing), what type I don't know.....but don't let it take over (then it's a bad thing).....picture 2.....are feather duster worms...small and don't do any harm (good things). The third really does look like majano (bad thing) but could be a green button polyp(good thing). Hard to tell from those pics.....the last is a red/purple mushroom.....good thing..... hairy stuff....mulm......good or bad......not sure I have it covering my rock too....can't siphon it off.....no one eats it.....but it doesn't get bad....

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Now that I look at them I still think they could be. Here is a better shot. Also, what are the round red things? Now that i got a better view I think they do look like that bad stuff. I still don't know for sure. I thought I saw bubbles on the tips, but I guess not.

Last edited: