PLEASE LOOK*Any clue as to what kind of fish this is???*PLEASE LOOK

Jun 11, 2011
Canada
Hey, I happened to find this fish swimming around in my feeder tank. I usually buy guppy feeders from my LFS for "treats" for my oscar and other carnivore cichlids and puffers. I have found the odd "Nice" looking guppy here and there but NEVER anything that looks like this. I jus happened to look at the fish before I put him into the oscar tank. I have been searching online through tons of pics but there isn't too many good one. I have "IT" in with my lethrinops lethrinis fry and he seems to be getting along alright. The issue I have is that I have no clue as to what he/she is and its driving me nuts. His behaviour suggests that IT is a cichlid, well he jus acts like one. He is not cowering or hiding even tho he's the only one of his kind. Eats every and anything I put into the tank and doesn't seem to be having any problems with the aggressive alpha male. Has a blue/turquoise color with "tiger" like striping on the side. The dorsal fin has a black spot on it, near the back, outlined with the same color as the rest of the body. The other fins and the rest of the dorsal are almost transparent, making the black spot almost "pop" IT has a VERY larger mouth as well. Please, anybody with any guesses or anybody that can point me in a direction of someone that can help me out. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. I have attached a couple pic's, the best I can get. He's ALWAYS moving and won't sit still for pictures.
P.S. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT. EVEN IF YOU KNOW OF ANY SITES WITH LOTS OF PICTURES OF FRY AND ADULTS. THANKS AGAIN

Attachments

Jun 11, 2011
Canada
Perch?? Never even thought of that. I did think it might have been a bass of some sort. I have IT in with my lethrinops, seems to be going good soo far. IT deff acts like a cichlid. I have spent countless hours in front of my fry tank, and he seems to be fitting right in. I jus hope it doesn't end up being some crazy huge hybrid or something. Deff a good looking fish tho. Thanks for the info.

Jun 11, 2011
Canada
Description- Large mouth, silver-green color body with "tiger" like black stripes, has body clored fins with a black spot on dorsal fin that is outlined with whitish looking color. Looks very much like any of the cichlid fry I have raised before, jus not like anything I've seen before. I will try to get some more pics later on this evening.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Is it possible a Kenyi African Cichlid? There is a picture on Petsmart.com (live fish, 2nd page, 3rd row) that looks very much like it, particularly is it is has a bluish color. That fish has a black spot in that area.