Please Read and Give Opinions ASAP

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I have been thinking. (big accomplishment for me. lol) I thought that I had gotten a hold of a few Red Empress Chichlids but after many nights (after work) of reasearch and showing people pics I have come to the realization that I was jipped. So....I was thinking of moving my slightly overstocked 29G inhabitants into my 30G and then moving the SW into the 29G.
PROs:
will be able to use protien skimmer
will have more space
will be easier to care for
might be able to use a sump (have to do some meassuring)

CONs:
everything is just getting settled in
AND THE BIGGEST ONE OF ALL, I AM GOING TO SPEND MORE MONEY!!!!!

Bascially I am leaning towards doing it. But I am asking for advice. (I would like to keep everything that I have so getting rid of anything currently in the SW tank is not an option.)

Thanks

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well 1 gallon of water isnt going to make a huge difference, and would you be able to use the same lights? are you saying your not using a skimmer on the 29 gallon right now? if you aren't I would move to the 30 just so you could use a skimmer, if the Alveopora has even a chance of surving water quality must be pristine, same goes for the flame scallop plus feeding numerous times a day which will pollute water quality so a skimmer is a must, i think you might have bit off more than you can chew for your first SW tank, you picked some very unforgiving specimens.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I think that changing my sig confused you. Right now that SW is in a 12G. I have already move what was in my 29 Gallon to my 30. I am just waiting to get paid so that I can buy the stuff I need to switch the SW to the 29G.