Pleco Feeding

jobeak

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sligo, Ireland
Hey Guys.

I have 2 x 2 inch pleco's in one of my tanks and they don't seem to be eating any food that I give them. I have tried two different types of food, Plecostomus Tablet Food and Catfish Pellets. Thinking that they would not eat during the day, when the tank light is on, I tried dropping some of both types of food in just before I went to bed. When I got up the next morning, the food was still there on the gravel. One of the pleco's is fairly active and can be seen cleaning the gravel, tank and some of the plants, but the other one doesn't seem to do a whole lot. If anyone has any experience with pleco's and their feeding habits, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Jobeak

Rush07

Large Fish
Mar 1, 2006
Oneida, NY
There are people who know a lot more on this topic than me that I am sure will reply, but you would make sure you have some bogwood in the tank and also put in a boiled piece of zuccini in every couple of days. Are they new to the tank? It may take them a day or two to adjust and get the desire to eat again.

Good luck!

jobeak

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sligo, Ireland
I have a piece of bog wood in the tank and the two pleco's have been there about a week. One of them is quite fond of the piece of wood and hangs around it most of the day