Plecos and Cichlids

natas

Small Fish
Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
I have a place in my heart for plecos. Great fish. Particularly attached to the hypancistrus sp. plecos. You know... zebras, queen arabesque, chocolate zebras, mosaics, snowballs, etc. I don't leave the other pleco sp. to themselves though. I own 2 red velvets, 1 Royal, and 2 blue phantoms (L-128... real cool).

American Cichlids are my other venture. Gotta love their personality. I've got a 75g with 6" Green Terror, 8" Belly Crawler Pike, 7" Salvani, 4" Convict (a hold over from my college breeding and behavior experiments): all these are males. Some how an African Jewel Cichlid wandered into my tank... sneaky SOB. The lone female is a 4" Jack Demphsey (sp on that one lol). 2 Hoplo catfish (the armored cat) round out the pleco contingent of 1 royal and two velvets

My 38g currently houses my less fiesty cichlids: 2 male Brazilian geophagus (geophagus brasilius or something like that), 6" Nicuraguanese, 5" Green Severum, and the 2 Blue phantoms

15g long houses 2 Male, 2 Females German blue rams that I have bred in my 38 previously. They are accompanied by 3 female queen arabesques (my attempt at breeding this species was stimied by the death of my lone male) and 1 L-199 (bought as a chocolate zebra but obviously not). I've got a tetra or two running around in there too

Betta tank: 2.5g divided tank... three sections... 2 ill fish... see betta post for details

Peace