Pods...

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
pods are little creatures that come in on your live rock, they are benificial and if you have alot, that means your tank is doing good. im pretty sure most fish will eat them right when they see them. i have a clown goby and he hunts pods down all day. he even goes after the larger amphipods.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Joe I think what you said in another post was that you want a watchman gobie and a firefish both will eat prepared food, unlike a mandarin gobie which in truth is not a true gobie but a dragonet and are difficult to wean onto prepared foods and these are the ones that are really dependant on a pod population.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I just want to know what they might look like from a distance. Maybe like specs floating around? When I get real close I can't see anything that would show they are a copepod. So i'm hoping to get a pic for what a bunch would look like from a distance.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
you won't see them "floating" they will be crawling on the glass and in the sandbed.. my tank has only been up for almost 2 months and i see them all over at night.. not hard to miss

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
it is a waste of money to order the bottle, absolute junk. if you have live rock, YOU HAVE PODS! They just take time to build up their populations, and the impact the bottle would have is zero, just be patient.