pods

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
hey guys, im sorry about all the posts but i just want to get everything rite for my tank. losing things is not my sorta thing. but i want to get a mandarin and i no they need copepods and rotifers so i was gonna start populations of them in jar sorta things. also i was gonna hve a pod condo in my tank to keep in em there longer. and i have really no clue on how to make the jar populations. so any links or advice would help a lot!
thanks

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
haha yeah and ive been doin a lot of research on it after i posted this and ppl said they had success keeping a steady population in buckets and feeding em phytoplankton. i was thinkin doin that.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
I would just wait till your tank is established enough have a population of pods... In the meantime while stocking the tank dont get any fish that are going to compete with it for food

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
btw over the years ive been unsuccessful time after time with mandrins lol I wont buy another without seeing it eat some type of prepared food with my own eyes

stevej

Medium Fish
Jun 25, 2009
well im not gettin any other fish tht eat pods but my tanks been up for a year. im pretty sure its well established but i dnt wanna replenish the stock of pods by buyin new ones every other week.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
hmm didnt realize the ORA Manrdins are out! I recieve these text messages everyweek when one of the LFS's get in new shippments and this weeks text message the ORA Mandrin goby was on there! They wanted $60 for it and there wer only 2 available, They said they cant get anymore until september but good news is they eat pellets,mysis ect.