Poor Betta

May 12, 2005
Georgia
*ALL* :mad: *ALL* :mad: Went to my favorite Japanese restaurant today to pick up my togo order. Haven't been there in quite awhile. The first thing I notice is a nasty, dirty, tiny divided betta tank sitting on the checkout counter. One side is empty and the other has a dead looking, colorless betta in it. There was so much nastiness on the plastic it was hard to even see the betta. The owner was waiting on me and I said "looks like your betta fish needs some help. She says "oh it is about dead anyway". So I told her that I could go ahead and take it off her hands for her and her response was " Oh I couldn't do that. It was a gift!" Unbelievable! I was so mad. I took my order and got out of there fast. I will never go back. I don't care how much I am craving the ginger shrimp sauce!!! I'll drive 20 miles into Savannah for Japanese food before I go back there! I am still fuming!!!:mad:

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
That's a shame. Sounds like she should just take them out of that little container and cook them up on the grill. They're suffering anyway, so might as well put them out of their misery if she's not gonna let anyone else take care of them.

Big Vine

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Haha! oh ninamarie, thats cute, lol. But geez thats sucks, i hate stupid excuses like that - "oh, it was a gift, so i have to be the one to let it die..." yada, yada, yada. *ALL*

tubbs24

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2006
USA
oh, and i also agree with you big vine, if the poor betta is suffering, and your not gonna take care of it because "its about dead anyways", you should put it out of its misery....

May 12, 2005
Georgia
ninamarie said:
go back and take it from her...undeserving peron that she is.
We just came in from going out to dinner and I was just telling my husband about what happened and that I am going to wear a disguise and go back in, grab the fish and run and then as I am going out the door with the fish I will yell "Stop Betta cruelty!" He just looked at me like I am nuts and shook his head. He was speechless. Honestly, I wish I really had the nerve to do that but my storm trooper days are long over.

May 12, 2005
TN
My chinece restront had some fish, one day they disippered, I seid to my dad looks like its SUSHI night/ I love sushi / ends up she was cleaning the tank and poured the water back in, tap water i might add, they probaly died of the shock!