popeye on betta :(

Sep 22, 2003
VA
www.geocities.com
hey everyone,
yesterday morning i woke up to my betta named Big Spender having popeye in his one eye. he had no symptoms the previous day but i did a 100% water change and added jungle fungus eliminator when i noticed the problem. will this work? his eye today it still pretty bad looking and he has a white thing right below it. He's not eating, but he still comes up to me when i look in the tank and he goes up for gulps of air. HELP! :(

ugh, you too?! i once did water changes to my bettas, and the next day, he too got pop eye. poor guy, he ended up dying, he was a nice royal blue betta :( when you feed him (what do you use?) put the food on the side where the eye is fine. he won't be able to see in the other eye. if you can submerge it for him to see, that would be great, he'd be able to see and eat it. hope it all gets better!

Sep 22, 2003
VA
www.geocities.com
well here's an update: the eye still looks pretty "ew" and the white thing under it is still there, however i dropped a pellet on the side of his bad eye by accident, but he still saw it! maybe ther is hope. He did eat dinner after seeing that, but is back to resting for now. i hope this is a sign that he is getting better. Thanks for the adivce guys and i'll update about how he's doing :)

Sep 22, 2003
VA
www.geocities.com
well, big spender is 100% back to normal!! YAY! he got completely better about 4 days ago. and he has a nice bubble nest today too! however, my boyfriend's betta Stang is dying :( he's about 2 years old or so and had this lump on his side for about a year. now the scales fell off and has left a hole and i think its body rot. i've tried all sorts of meds but to no avail :( so i think i might have to euthanize him tomorrow because he's suffering. :(