possibly a really stupid question!

newby

New Fish
May 7, 2011
hey i currently only have 1 tank, its a 55G with a hood. i have a biowheel 350 penguin filter on it and a light (not sure what kind, it came with it...).
inhabitants
8 phantom tetra
6 cardinal tetra
1 dwarf gourami (about 2")
2 glowlight tetra
1 ghost shrimp
2 cory cats
1 pleco
1 otto
4 cherry barbs (3 young 1 adult male)
1 2-3" red tailed shark
Plants:
2 amazon swords
1 helvetia (petstore thing, not sure if this is really what they are called)
1 8" kyoto
about 5 stalks of elodea that have grown in various places but wrapped up to make a solid structure...

now for the question, today about 3 hours ago i got the ghost shrimp and 2 3-4" bamboo shrimp, well after leaving for an hour (once the shrimp are in) i come home and cant find a single bamboo shrimp! i have a decorative piece in the middle but isnt it pretty hard for a 3-4" shrimp to hide? its the biggest thing in the tank... im afraid my gourami may have eaten it as i just read about that happening but these werent small bamboo shrimp like that time and the ghost wasnt eaten so assume the bamboo werent either. also there IS a hole (about 1/8 of the top) that they may have escaped through.

thanks in advanced!

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
I'm actually having this problem too. I bought a bamboo shrimp last Wednesday and haven't seen it since my water change. I'm pretty sure I didn't suck it up in the siphon, so is it hiding somewhere or did it get out and my cat probably ate it?