and this power head:LINK
btw this is in the 55 gallon
also what exactly do i do with it?? how should it be hooked up?? :confused:

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well i already got the powerhead.... im not to sure how it should be set up.... right now it is on the left sidewall of the tank pointed straight towards the right of the tank... theres a swivel thing on it and im not sure if it should face up or down also it has the flow adjuster should it be on high or low??

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
It really just depends on the amount of flow you currently have, the idea is to try and keep the water moving so algae can't sit, the still areas will build up with all kinds of unwanted stuff. A good way to find the general direction of a powerhead is turn the oygen level up from the hose, and you can see approx how far it's going and where it's pointing.

Generally, just keep the water moving.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
so between the filter and the PH you are now at ~450gph...another couple hundred wouldnt hurt you. I would leave your filter centered on the back of the tank, put the one PH on the left end in the front kind of low angled up and to the back and get another to put on the right end in the back angled up and to the front...should get rid of any dead spots