Pregnant molly?

GooGirl

Large Fish
Nov 20, 2012
Walla Walla Washington
I have a gold dust molly that I believe is pregnant. I'm not quite sure, and because she is covered in black dots, it's hard to see any 'pregnancy spots'. I separated her from the other fish a couple days ago, but she hasn't been showing any symptoms, other than getting slightly more plump. I'm starting to get impatient. How can I know how long until she has her babies?

I might be able to post a pic. I'll try, tomorrow.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Allison, as long as you have a male molly in your tank, your females are always gonna get pregnant. My fish don't really eat my fry. So I'd say try to keep her in the main tank when she gives birth. I suggest getting some java moss, because it's cheap and acts as a possible hiding place (if you want them to survive). Try to post a pic (or send me one :p) and I'll see what I can do. Mainly, they get fatter and get a square look to their stomachs when they're about to drop their fry. Good luck on the babies. :p

GooGirl

Large Fish
Nov 20, 2012
Walla Walla Washington
I've seperated her from the others because I want to keep as many fry as possible. I am going to be selling most, and keeping some for future breeding. I know they have lots of fry at one time, but the last time, her mother (yes, this molly was born in my tank) and 2 others all had their babies at the same time and it came out to about 35, and that just means more money for me :p I will try to get a pic on here.

GooGirl

Large Fish
Nov 20, 2012
Walla Walla Washington
OK, here is the best pic I could get that showed what she looks like to me: fat, tail up, lying on bottom of tank. Does this mean she could be close to giving birth? She doesn't really look square, though.
IMG_20121208_084058.jpg