pregnet?????

Aug 2, 2003
i think my catfish is pregnet (and if i spelt that wrong im sorry but i cant spell very well lol) i have two of them and they are very small right now (1.5 inches about maybe a lil bigger im bad with estamating...)... one has a rather large belly... i moved them into their own 15 gallon tank.... if it is pregnet... will they eat the babies?? should i seperate them?? i never had fry before so i have no idea what to do!! please help!!

also... they are so cute... the non fat one fallows the fat one around... its adorable =)

Aug 2, 2003
ok... its not bigger then the other one really.... but its belly is mighty big... and has been for a few days (2 or 3)... i dont think its from food... thats posible but i like to watch them eat and they dont seem to eat that much... i dunno i've seen bloded fish before and this catfish looks different .....i guess i have to wait and see... but.....if it is..... what should i do??????????????? and if it isnt... then i have a mighty fat fish!! lol

Aug 2, 2003
Also.......... im not sure what kind of catfish it is because i think the petstore made up a name for it... maybe they didnt... but they were called "angelicous cats" doesnt that sound made up?? maybe im wrong.... i dunno!!