prism skimmer

flanders

Small Fish
Feb 19, 2005
k im now $200 dollars into this skimmer (original unit +rush shipping on a new motor and imperller) and i got it running again but i cannot get it to stop pumping a ton of microbubles into the tank

is this normal

is it broken

am i screwing something up?

anyone have any experience with this unit

thanks

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
There is no worries about the little bubbles in the tank, this will not harm anything.

Is this a RedSea Prism P.S.?

If yes, I use the same one rated to 100g. I get alittle bit of bubbles when I first start up the skimmer after cleaning it. just need to adjust the flow rate.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
If you adjust the flow rate when you first start the skimmer so that the water line is bubbling only to the top of where the main body fits into the collection cup (where the Black rubber seal ring is) this should minimize the amount of bubbles and they should disapate after it has been running for a few hours you can then re-adjust the flow rate. (Atleast this is what works for me)

If you adjust the flow rate I would re-check it in about 1hr to make sure it is not out of controle and overflowing the collection cup.( I learned this from my own mistakes, ended up pumping all the wast back into the system)