Probaly a Noobie Betta question

Worthless

Small Fish
May 11, 2008
Well after one of my new Tetra was eaten *evil eyes Hae Ru* Yes I know amaizng name *SUPERSMIL but I have noticed some of his scales or what you call it on his abdomen have turned black :S not very many but a couple, normal or somthing wrong?

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Hey, we can probably help you but you're going to need to give us a LOT more information.

How long have you had this Betta, what are the water perameters where you're keeping him, tank size, tank mates?

Was the tetra he suposedly ate sickly?

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
You need to get a test kid and find out what your Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate are... these are vital tests for fish keeping especially for new fish keepers. I would suspect your fish succombed to ammonia poisoning if it's a brand new tank but that can't be confirmed with out tests. You can for the time being take a sample of your water to the local fish store and they should be willing to test it for you. Don't accept it if they say it's 'fine', as them to write all the numbers down for you exactly. As they're important.

You'll want to get some information on Cycling a tank. There's stickies in the Newbie thread that will help there.