Problem with snails~ Please Help

May 2, 2006
Louisville Ky.
Hi everyone! Can someone please tell me the best way to rid your tank
of snails without using any chemicals ? It's a 10 gal tank that has Guppies, Tetras, Cory cats & at the moment brand new baby guppies, But the tank
is really getting overrun with snails ! :(
any advice would be appreciated Thanks !
Bonnie

Etheostoma

Large Fish
Aug 28, 2005
Missouri, USA
10g is too small for a loach I think. In any event, a loach would push you way into overstock territory.

Aquarisol is simply solution of copper sulfate at 3.8%. It'll knock out the snails in no time. We're not talking some fifty-syllable pesticide or anything synthetic. Just manipulating the metals content in the water. Stress Zyme will bind up the copper when you've achieved the desired effect.

If you dechlorinate your water, you shouldn't have any ethical issues with using copper sulfate. It's only a mineral, after all.

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
You could also put a peice of lettus in the tank, and wait overnight. Once its morning there should be a lot of snails on the lettus. Then u just take the lettus and throw it away.

May 2, 2006
Louisville Ky.
Thanks !

Thanks for the advice everyone ! I keep browsing the forum & i find out
more & more everyday ! I love this site ! It seems everyone is listing the kind of tanks they are running in their post, How do you do that ? Do you have to type that in everytime you post or is it already set that way ?
Thanks !*BOUNCINGS

noncentric

Large Fish
Feb 18, 2006
WA state
Bubbles40215 said:
It seems everyone is listing the kind of tanks they are running in their post, How do you do that ? Do you have to type that in everytime you post or is it already set that way ?
It's pretty simple to add that info:
- click on "User CP" in the navigation bar above
- click on "Edit Signature" in the menu that appears on the left
- enter your tank's info (and whatever else you want) in the text box and save/submit that info
- when you post a message, then that info will appear at the bottom of your posts (make sure that the "Show your signature" option is checked - it's in the "Additional Options" section underneath the text box where you type your posts/replies)

Hope that helps and welcome to the site! :)