protein skimmer

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
hey guys so my old protein skimmer which i have been using for quite some time has sprung a leak and instead of getting out the old silicone and fixing it i thought i would just get a new one do you guys have any recomendations for something for a 55 gallon reef thats under 100$ also wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on this particular model
Aquarium Systems Seaclone Protein Skimmer- 150
also any thoughts asap would be apreciated because i will be making this purchase in the next day ro 2
thanks
Brahm

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Most people seem to associate the word seaclone with rubbish... I use a prizm which is ok, but not the best, and will be stretched on a 55

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I had a seaclone. Dont get one. If your tight for money save up and buy a better skimmer for twenty bucks more. Trust me its worth it.

Sam Reef

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I have decided to go with the Turbo Flotor series, any info you guys have on this would be great, i was reading some reviews and i wasnt able to find a single poor review on these skimmers
Brahm

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yea it think it will work out well, and i was intially going to just go ahead and order one but i decided to just check on ebay and i found an auction for it for 40.00$ buy it now, they had 4 available if anyone is interested, i am excited to see how well it works
Brahm

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
yeah the tank size recommended by the manufacturer for seaclones is two or three times the size of tank u should use it one--i'm using a 100 gallon model on a 29--seaclones work better on tanks a fraction of what they are recommended for