protein Skimmer

Jul 22, 2004
northern illinois
Visit site
i just bought a SeaClone 100 protein skimmer with a Maxi-jet 1200 pump. I chose this one because it says it can either be for a hang on back or for in-sump installation (hope its a good one that will last) for my 55 gal sw tank and OMG it really pulls alot out, i did not realize how much "junk" was in there! Im really impressed and its quiet cannot hear it running but i know it is cause i can see it and the results are amazing! Now for the stupid question,,,,, is it possible to have this set to high or something that its pulling too much out?,,, in this tank i have about 12 lbs of live rock, a green polyp coral, 4 damsels, a blenny (he is so ugly i feel bad for him,, ha, ha), 3 anemone, a blue legged crab, and a chocolate chip star fish. Another question i have is will my chocolate chip star fish hurt my coral or anemone? I heard any of the star fish with raised areas (as the chocolate chips on the fish) are mean?

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
There is no such thing as overskimming. As for your starfish...get rid of it. They will consume sessile clams, oysters and all manner of corals, soft and stony. Therefore making them unsafe.

Jul 22, 2004
northern illinois
Visit site
i just visited the site and read it.. thanks for the info page. I did take out the little bugger and put it in my qt tank for now... he did hit air and did just fine,, very active and loves the dried algae i put in there, although he is the only fish in there he seems content but i do have to contact my fish man,,, if only there were more time in a day!!