Protien Skimmer

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
Camaro it cam etoday ti looks in really good condition thanks again! but a question i plugged it all in and hooked it up and all that same out were big huge bubbles so...i hooked it up to a bigger spare air pump i had and at least iny bubbles came out, but the bubbles barely get above the surface of the water..what am i doing wrong?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
did you read the instructions to make sure you have it at the right water level?

you may also have to adjust the check valve on the tubing and such as well...so yah...fiddle with it and you should figure it out. it also may take it a while to get fully functional...give it 30min or so at least if you havent

Henry22

Large Fish
Oct 5, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
Do you have to have a Skimmer if you have coral, because i also have a 20gal SW and about six monthes from the intial setup of the tank if its really stable i might upgrade lighting and get some corals. If you have to get a skimmer i might just spend my money on nice lr instead of coral and get a brittle star, some type of shrimp(not sure) and two clown fish and hopefully a royal gramma blenny.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
for such a samll tank I dont know if you should have a skimmeror not??? uhh camaro(whats up man) you know the little white valve in side of my skimmer(aqua C) I have looked in the book and everywere, I cant figure what that thing is for, any idea man.. thanx dude see you around

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
its a cleaner valve, take a screw driver and take it out, take care not to drop it in the skimmer, then take the brush provided with the skimmer when you bought it and and stick it in there.