Puffers and Boxfish

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Hiya salties! ;)

When I picked up my new tank last week the LFS we went to had an amazing selection of marine life. The two that my wife loved was a porcupine puffer and a tiny boxfish.

As I am tring to reduce the amount of maintance I have to do with my tanks, it really does not make sence to setup a Marine tank, but I was just wanting to know some good websites to read up on these types of fish. I havent the first clue as to where to look for good, acurate information.

I too admit they were cute little buggers, but all to often bad mistakes are made under the name of 'cuteness'. I personaly have always wanted a tank for inverts more than the fish themselves. But something tells me that inverts would be nothing more than food for puffers and the like. ;)

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
0 gallons. ;)

Just looking for info. We really have no plans on actualy setting up a marine tank, but would love to dable in it one day. If I were to set one up, I would say its a pretty safe bet that I would use either a 29, or more likely a 45 gallon (36x18).

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Really? wow. Good to know anyway, thanks Sam.

Seems these are better left to dedicated keepers, or those with more money than sense. I'm not too high on the idea that if a single fish gets too stressed out that it can kill off the entire tank.

Damsel fish and inverts keep looking better and better. lol

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
and damsels really aren't that cool when you compare them with some of the other fish you can keep in less-than-55 gallon tanks.

If you go with your 29 or 46 gallon, you'll have a wide range of fish to choose from. Even with my ten gallon nano, there are numerous fish that can be housed in small tanks. There are several species of colorful gobies, dwarf angels, and of course clownfish... and a lot more out there too.