Purchasing New 46 bow and SUGGESTIONS needed

uneekfish

Small Fish
Feb 12, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Hi everyone. I'd like your ideas for a new 38 or 46...
I'm pricing a 38 and 46 bow Geneva by All-Glass Aquarium right now and I need to buy everything and decide which filter system I want to use. I'm considering a bio-wheel filter like the Marineland Penguin 200B and/or Emperor 280. Any and all suggestions for everything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I have a Fluval 304 on my 46 Bowfront...it seems to get the job done, and its a good filter. I'm a big fan of canister filters on tanks larger than about 30 gallons.

While youre pricing equipment (heaters, filters etc) dont forget to check out www.bigalsonline.com and www.drsfostersmith.com I rarely buy any equipment from local stores anymore because the prices at these two places are so much cheaper, even after you include shipping.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I have a Whisper 60 on my 46 Bowfront. It seems to do a good job and keeps the water clean.......but I agree w/ Froggy, I'd like to upgrade to a canister eventually.

Welcome to MFT. :D

uneekfish

Small Fish
Feb 12, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks, I called a local pet store that sells All Glass Aquariums for a price on the stand and tank and he said he'd give me the best price on that (we'll see) but, I will definately check out those links as I prefer to shop on-line. Thank you very much....any other suggestions on equipment?