purple lobsters

Jul 23, 2006
any idea where i can find info on these guys i got them from my lfs and wanna know if there aggressive or not cause they do a gresat job of eating alge and whatnot out of my aggressive 30 gallon tank

Jul 23, 2006
lfs called it a purple lobster it doesnt look to have any big claws its about 2 1/2 inches lojng when its tail is streched out its more blue and white then it is purple

Apr 11, 2006
How much does your purple losbster cost? I saw one at my local pet shop and was thinking about getting him for my 75 to do the algae clean up but he is damn expensive just for a lobster. He cost about $23, I could get a huge lobster for a meal for that price.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I was thinking of the little purple debelius lobsters, but it does sound more like a juvie blue spiny. ...
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=555 - for the debelius , nice , quite reef safe.'
Lobsters - might be in there. No lobster is going to be much good for algae control in my opinion.

I personally like urchins for algae control for the more aggressive tank, or actually for most tanks in general rather than loads of itty bitty snails and pesky hermits