purple up

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
does this stuff really work? the guy at the lfs told me that with in one month of using purple up he had coraline algea growing on just about every rock in his tank

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
persoanlly adding stuff to the tank that isnt a neccessity is asking for some trouble imo. I know its probably safe and if you want to try it out go ahead, but with regular maintance and correct care the algae will form on its own in no time. I say let it be but if you really want to boost the growth and or your having trouble its worth a shot.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i agree but all of tanks have been setup for well over a year i do proper water changes and while i do have coraline algea if it can be enhanced without being harmed why not... i guess im gonna give it a shot ill let you know it works

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
All purple up is is concentrated calcium. You will gain the same benefit by ensuring that your calcium levels are where they should be arround 400. Once you get up to 500 the calcium will just percipitate out and will be come unusable......which is a waste of money in my opinion. Just monitor your ca levels and alk and your corraline should take care of itself.....do you have things in your tank that are eating it? such as urchins?