Pygmy/Dwarf Croaking Gouramis

Zoidfarb

Medium Fish
Dec 2, 2003
New York
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the forum but I hope to set up a large 50 or 75 gallon Asian tank in the near future, and was wondering about the pygmy aka dwarf croaking gourami Trichopsis pumilia. I know they are tiny and very shy. I plan to have a well planted aquarium including floating plants. The other fish species will be the Pearl Guorami, cherry barb, five-striped barb, harlequin rasbora, kuhli loach and yo-yo loach. Does anyone know anything about T. pumilia? If the tank is not overcrowded and well planted, will any of the other fish mentioned cause them any problems?
Thanks.

Jun 28, 2003
Scottsdale, Arizona
Visit site
Croaking Gouramis are so pretty!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Trichopsis+pumila

The scientific name was Googled and the link above is what pages I came up with. Just search a bit and you ought to be able to find all the information you need.

The only thing I can think of that may happen is your barbs might pick on them since they're so small. This may not be true in your case, so if you get them keep an eye on them.

Attachments

Zoidfarb

Medium Fish
Dec 2, 2003
New York
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, pygmy guoramis are beautiful, like living jewels. With a big planted tank, no overcrowding, and peaceful species, I'm not too worried, but I just want to be sure. Anyone out there keep this species?