Quarantine Questions

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Alright i'm going to try and set up a QT but i was woundering about the cycling for QT is it needed? i mean right now i have a tank,filter,heater and what type of light should i use to Quarantine corals and any other things i should know i read the Quarantine basic topic but i wasn't sure
Well thx

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
what most people do is stick some foam or something in their established tank, let bacteria colonize it, then a few days before buying a fish put the foam in the qt tank...also most people don't qt corals, some do, I don't but I know that some people here have had problems with not qting corals, I think Wayne did....so qting corals is a personal choice.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
i mean Joe said to QT everything so i kinda thought i should but idk i might do it or pass the only thing is i didn't know what type of lighting they could go threw for a few days because this going Sunday night i was ether geting some corals or seeing if the pet store would hold them for a week or something well thank you guys i might go with it or i might not only thing is i kinda need it set up in a week for fish and corals but if not i guess i can just put them in my tank since i trust this pet store i know the guy that works there treats everything for every kind of harmful thing that might be on them also do corals cary ick?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I read a lot today about parasites coming in on just about anything. I'm not sure what i'm going to do it I get one. I like my starfish, but I think a tiger cucumber would do a lot better and keep the sand bed cleaner. My starfish is pretty darn cool, but when I add more rock that will be even less space for him to move around on.