Question about feeding, or lack of it.

mcease

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
How long can fish go without food.  I started to feed my fish less in order to get them to be more aggressive.  I feed them once a day and skip a day here and there.  Can I feed them once a week or is this too little?  If I do feed less will they become more aggressive.  I have a red devil that is 4" and he is like a little puppy dog.  I want him to be more aggressive.  Does aggression come with age?

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
i "heard" fish can go as long as two weeks. but that's pushing it. not good for the fish. and i don't think u can make a fish more aggressive..it's not like a dog. maybe you should trade it in. hehe.

mcease

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I heard that if you feed your fish feeders they will become more aggressive, so I tried it.  After the first feeding my red devil already got more aggressive ;D

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
where the hell did you hear that? your fish will become excited by live food...it doesn't make them more aggressive...they've already got it in em', they just need something to stimulate them...

please don't starve your fish! I feed my oscars everyday, making sure they're getting some exercise with some live mosquito fish and shrimp about 3-4 times a week...every other day its frozen bloodworms and some sinking pellets that i feed the bristlenose....if your fish are healthy and get some mental stimulation, from other fish or whatever...then you'll defiantly find that they'll be a lot more active and "aggressive"...