question about medications

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
i'm going to be ordering supplies online and as you may know, shipping costs can be huge so i'm going to get everything at once from thatfishplace.com
i need medications for parasites (ick, etc.), fungus, and bacteria--all reef safe and with a long shelf life...i've been looking at the catalog for awhile now, but i'm confused as to what is reef safe...some things say "safe for most inverts"--and some just say "safe for saltwater" with no elaborations....does anyone have any suggestions as to what medications are reef safe and have a long shelf life? thanks in advance :)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well...copper will kill most everything but fish, for a start, so if it has copper in it that is a big no-no

aside from that, im not really sure...wouldnt it be better to just hold off on buying that sort of stuff until you need it...you are practically in phoenix, im sure there must be an LFS there....

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
yeah there's a good lfs about 20 miles south of here--they charge double though....and its an inconveinience because gas costs so much...at least at the lfs the employees know what they are doing--i would trust them rather than some tiny paragraph in a catalog

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I don't believe anything is truly reefsafe. I'd rather get a 'medicine chest' that I knew actually worked and a 10 gal setup to treat in. If you read round you'll some decidedly mixed reviews of kickich et al.