Question about my crab.

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
I got a real big fuzzy crab that was in the live rock when we got it.Last night we had some coral that was damage and we saw that crab right by it and the coral that was damage was gone.The question i have is that is ther any kind of food that i can feed him because i think he is the one who ate my xenia and just to recap everyone that xenia is not dead.Ther was a little piece where it got torn off and there is alot of that stuff growing there.Anyways just wondered if there is any kind of food i can feed that crad...

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
most crabs are scavengers of one sort or another...he will probably take chunks of mussel, shrimp, or similar seafood. if you have a picture you might be able to get a better id which would help discern what it will eat

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
That crab only comes out when the light is off and i have tryed to get a pic of him but he is faster then i can take the pic,but he is real fuzzy he looks like he has alge all over him but it is his hear.I realy dont know what kind he is.There is some strang stuff in that tank when the light goes off.I just found that out last night.Its a whole diffrent world in ther,but when i do get a pic of the crab i will post it up since i can do it now..