question about salt

I'm a beginner in the saltwater scene, well I havent even started yet! But anyways I have my tank all set up right now, got the filters running and one powerhead just to move and aerate water, it's a 20 gallon tall, with a aqauclear powerfilter, and an aquaclear powerhead i think like 250 gph maybe. Everything is running, but I would like to know how much salt I need, I see the bags in stores that say like 20 gallon mix and 50 gallon mix etc, do I add the whole 20 gallon mix bag to my tank, or do I add a little at a time and check the salinity? And my next question is, is the salt in the tank going to last, or am i going to be constantly adding salt? Thanks guys for any help

Feb 23, 2003
Naples Fl.
www.millevolte.com
Get the 50G. bag. You will need the extra salt later for water changes. I keep my tanks at 1.023 as far as salinity levels are concerned. I just kept adding salt a cup at a time until I reaced that level. The only time I add more salt is when I do water changes. You will then need to mix this up well in a seperate container. Make up water for evaporation should always be freshwater. I use RO/DI filtered water with kalkwasser added to keep calcium and PH levels stable.