question about the coral beauty angelfish's conduct

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
coral beauties are classified as "semi aggressive" fish--so are tiger barbs, who turned out to be little demons towards eachother and other community fish
does any one with a coral beauty seem to have any problems with them? i've also seen something about these angels nipping at corals--is this true?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
it is true that some will nip at corals, its kind of a hit or miss with them in that respect...i have an eiblis angel which is a different dwarf angel and it hasnt been a problem

as far as aggression, i think that is generally only a problem with other angels

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
oh yeah--i know full size angels are supposed to be kinda picky and hard to feed, so i was wondering if they are picky too--i was planning on feeding flake, dried seaweed, frozen mysis shrimp, and maybe frozen angel formula food (if all else fails)--this sounds pretty appetizing to me, hopefully it will to the angelfish

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Most dwarf angels will eat anything. Mysis is a good start. As for Reef safe...I would give you a 50/50 chance. Right now I have a Flame in a reef with feather dusters, open brains, and Xenia.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Coral Beautys are pretty good. 80% i.m.h.o.

Don't get in a flap if it wont take food from the water column at first. My BiColor did nothing but pick at liverock for a month before it took any floating food. Expect similar

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Well don't buy this fish till you've been going for 4 or 6 months. Centropyge don't do well in new tanks. Make it the last fish you add.