Question about Urchin

beermanic

Medium Fish
Feb 5, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
I have part of one in my finger. It has been in there since 1992 when I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii. I was snorkeling in the ocean, It was almost impossible to enjoy the beach because the shore was full of all sorts of sea creatures like urchins, lobsters, nurse sharks(That is another story). I lost my balance and went underwater and my hand hit one of those nasty creatures. I got a few parts out but I had two pieces that I could not get to. After about 3 years, I was able to pick a piece out of one of my hand. I had 2 warts where the urchin went in. When I got one of those pieces out, one wart went away. I tried several times to get the other one out but with no luck. It really doesn't bother me and I am not going to the doctor to get it cut out. Everytime I look at this wart, it reminds me of my honeymoon in Hawaii. The good old days. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I believe it was a black urchin. They are also kind of salty when you eat them. We got to try one on a boat where a diver got one and cut it open and told us that this was a delicacy in Japan. There was definetly no shortage of them in Hawaii. They were kind of like dandilions on my lawn in the spring.