question on feeding cucumbers to apple snail

robinanne

Medium Fish
Apr 12, 2009
florida
how do you do it? do you peel the skin off? and how do you get it down where they can get to it? what other veggies and how again can you keep them on the bottom?
thanks!

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
I used to use a green Zucchini..guess yellow squash would work also. I would tie the cuccumber to a rock with thread or a rubber band.

I would just cut each end off and if he wants it he will find it. My fish and mainly my plecos would go nuts. I always pulled it out after a few days.

You can also buy veggie clips and put romaine or spinach or cuccumber slices on the side on the clip.

brnttoast

Small Fish
Sep 16, 2006
winnipeg manitoba
i feed mine collard greens
collards are very high in calcium, which is very important for healthy shells

for a list of greens high in calcium do a google search for iguana food, as iguana need alot of calcium too and much more research has been done on their diet than for snails... hate to say it, most snail keepers think the snails eat poo :mad:

i see you are in florida, you should have a great growing season to grow your own collards, i throw a few seeds in the corner of my flowerbed every year for mine, but they dont get all that big cause of the short growing season

Last edited: