Question On Those Moonlight Beam Things

Nov 8, 2008
so i was looking into purchasing one of those moonlights, and i was just wondering if anyone knew what size i would need for a 55 gallon tank? i dont know if they measure it by the whole tank length or each individual hood light. sorry if this is confusing, if you need me to clarify anything just say so

LtGtR2

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2008
I like those moon lights things tooooo, but what i think i am going to do is just get one of those cheap 1 led lights mount it on the bracket between the two lids and just have one soo it lights up the center of the tank and still provides darkness for my fish to hid and not get all stressed out... bad post... NH is in a state of emergency so i don't really find grammer importtantntnntantnat

rommel39

Large Fish
Feb 7, 2004
Alexandria, Virginia
Visit site
Hey Brizzle,

I recently also looked into getting moonlights for my 75 gallon freshwater and had a great experience with a seller on eBay and would suggest checking out the six LED light system. Moonlights also work best with tank that has light-toned gravel and decor. Also the seller I suggested above is also really helpful with any questions you might have.