question regarding betta

fishylove

Small Fish
Aug 21, 2006
I was checking my betta tank today and noticed that there was some cotton (white) like stuff lying at the bottom of the tank...is it some kind of fungus or just that my tank is not clean...i had last added water on sunday

fishy love

Dipschnit

Small Fish
Sep 12, 2006
Richmond,Va
Is it a tank or a bowl? Yor supposed to change their water every few days unless you have a filtered tank. I bought a Hex. tank setup for my sons Beta for like 15.00 complete with filter, gravel and all. . I dont think you have a disease in your Beta tank, just sounds like lack of water movement.

Good Luck

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
It's probably just uneaten food. Try to remove whatever your betta doesn't eat right away. A filter will help keep the water clean in between water changes but if you don't have one, you should do a water change several times a week. :)

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
Similiar to revfred's remark...the Jungle Antibacterial Medicated Food does the same thing. The little pellets grow furry after a day or two if not eaten..

Aug 4, 2006
Alabama
Pretty much any uneaten food ends up like this. That is why you need to remove uneaten food after feeding (unless the tank is big enough for bottom feeders). That is especially true in an unfiltered tank, like Sannd stated above. :)