QUESTION!

Mar 18, 2005
Canada
Hello :rolleyes: , I have a 10 gallon tank with 11 cardinal tetra, 6 black phantom tetra, 2 cory and 1 oto is ithis tank overcrowed?? can I add a golden gouramis? *crazysmil

can anyone tell me how to lower Ph without using any chemical?

What to do with unwanted fish??

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
Hi Ben, welcome to the tank.

Do you have live plants in your tank? Reason I ask is live plants provide a cushion for overstocking. Regardless, a golden gourami gets too big for a ten gallon, try a dwarf if your heart is set on gouramis. They come in many colors.

You are overstocked as is.

You can filter with peatmoss to lower your pH naturally. What is your pH now?

Some LFS's will allow you to trade in your fish for store credit, or they will just take them off your hands. Most of the franchises don't do that, so look into the small, fish only stores. If that doesn't work, take out a free ad in the paper for your fish.

If you don't have live plants, maybe you should consider downsizing... Drop the cardinal school down to seven, cut the phantom number in half, and maybe add another cory.

However, if you like a crowded tank, I highly recommend planting heavily with live plants. Check out our plant section for more info.

Mar 9, 2004
michigan
Visit site
Your tank is extremely overcrowded, no way you cna have a golden gourmai in your 10g, they get much too large.I would either remove the phantoms or remove the cardinals becuz both of those schools will not fit in a 10g, If you keep them in there they will probly become stressed and probly start dieing.