question

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
do crabs legs grow back??? i have this one crab in my 125 that i found my trigger eating his legs! :eek: i took the crab out and put him my 55 gallon but now he only has 1 leg.... will they grow back??*thumbsup2 *thumbsdow ????

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Sounds like you crab molted and that is why you haven't seen it in a few days....he is waiting until his new shell hardens. Most crabs and lobsters will grow new claws and legs but it takes time. Mostly they only lose one at a time though......sounds like yours is going to have a rough time. Make sure you are feeding it as he has lost some of his mobility.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
my crab died last night :(
btw when crabs molt they usualy shed there whole shell not just 1 leg but than again the rest of it may still be layin around somewhere

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i had a niger but he got stuck to the bottom of the powerhead a while back and died :( .....i have an undulated trigger and ive read that they should be kept in a tank by them self and i actually did exaclty that till like 4 or 5 months ago i got tired of looking at this what looked to be empty tank (wich the trigger always hid) i moved him into the 125 gallon and hes been fine as far as the other fish i even think he made friends with my porcupine puffer and he doesnt hide nearly as much... too bad for that crab though