Questions about feeding (other than flakes)

cgbender

Small Fish
Jan 24, 2008
Ok for those of you that don't know me by now my name is Bender and I have a 55 gal freshwater aquarium. It has 3 ranbows, 3 giant danios, 2 striped spiny eels, and a pleco. This is my first tank where I'm feeding with anything other than flakes. I have asked several times and well I would like greater detail. I would like to know in greater detail about what I should be doing and what works for you guys. What I have been doing is feeding the 6 active fish and then defrost and strain the small frozen precubed/packaged bloodworms. Then I pour them across the tank so they will sink to the bottem and as I havent been doing it that long I kinda watch the shadows of the eels and fish hunting them down.

Eels are between 5-7 inches and the others are close to 3 inches

Ok on to the questions...

Anyone have a or know of a thread for hand feeding that I keep hearing about ... and is it realy worth trying and if so what do they feed and how do I start working on their conditioning.

I have heard about the use of feeding brine shrimp (DIY hatching and then feeding) .... {more for the ranbows and danios before feeding the bloodworms to the eels} Is it worth it nutritionaly, is it cost effective and does anyone have a better diy than the coke bottle cut in half with an airstone method and if it is and you have that one ill take it to, the more you read the more you know.

As for the bloodworms how much is enough and if you want to say cutting the frozen solid block in centimeters cubed before defrosting thats fine.

Are there other options? Are they safe and where do you get them?

And yes I think that I might be overthinking this but nerds and geeks never stop learning. Nor should you.