Questions about my new clown feeding

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Alright i've tryed to feed my clown flakes but he seems to just watch them float around and let the other fish eat them so i check the F&S site to see what they said they eat here is what i got
This clownfish is an aggressive eater. It will take most meaty foods and frozen herbivore preparations.
now here are my Questions what do they mean by meaty foods and herbivore like anything that i might find in our house?

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
mysis is your best option. I feed my mysis every night and they devoure it. Some clowns will eat flake but some can be picky. Try mysis and once he eats that a little later you can try flake and he may be willing to try it.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
ok I'll see only place is probably pet stores that sell that stuff right?? not like a wawa lol or something because i the only place i know of is about 45 minutes away and the soonest i could get there is tomorrow night..

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Hey i bought some shrimp at a seafood store and i was woundering if it would be safe to put in my tank for food or would it kill my stuff? and i cant get to the Fish store untill Sunday now... i'm just scard my clown will die so i'll try anything untill i get down to the pet store.
well thanks...

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
ya got any ideas how to try and kill any diseases that might be on it i know my uncle said that he seen putting fish in freshwater for like 10 sec will kill some saltwater diseases but we've never tried something like that also will he really eat anything o.0 i figured if he wouldn't eat the shrimp that my crabs will have a 5 course meal

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
The "freshwater dip" you refer to is proven to not be fully effective. People usually dip for around 2 minutes. Ich can remain imbedded within a fish and be fine in freshwater for far longer the fish would last in there, thus isnt fully fail proof.

It would have to depend on the disease itself, a more safe option would be quarunteen.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
but how can i quaranten a fresh chopped shrimp? and would anyone think it'd be safe to put this chopped shrimp in my tank also do you think the clown can make it till Sunday with out food? otherwize tomorrow I'll have to do something i love him, and hate to see him die of starving...