quik ?

hyeone

Small Fish
Mar 15, 2005
i just changed my lighting in my 10 gallon tank from white to a bluish color. it seems like the fish act differently. they dont come up to the top for food as much as they did before when the bulbs were white. seems like they are scared to soemthing. any ideas on why this would happen? is it bad to just suddenly change bulbs. i searched but couldnt get a straight response.
thanks

23 molly
2 guppies

Apr 7, 2005
NE Ohio
Have you done anything else to the tank??? I know I've changed bulbs when I had my 10's, and I never had any behavorial changes in my fish at all. What type of fish do you have, and what made you decide to change the lighting??

hyeone

Small Fish
Mar 15, 2005
thanks for the quick reply. my bulb burnt out and the only bulbs i had left were the blue bulbs. im going to go buy some white ones today.

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
Good deal then. Unless you have say neon or cardinal tetras that you want to highlight, the blue bulb is useless and should still be used with a regular bulb. Not sure if you have plants in your tank, but fyi, most bulbs lose most of their intensity before the actually burn out.