Quite Filter System for 20 Gallon tank

Jan 29, 2009
Hello All!

Great board you folk's have here *celebrate

I am setting up a 20 gallon freshwater tank for my daughters room and I'm trying to keep it as quite as possible. I purchased a Penguin filter and while it seems like a good filter it is somewhat noisy :(.

Can any recommend a quieter set-up?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jan 29, 2009
MASS
Aquaball time!!!!!!

Hey, i have a 20 gallon set up in my room so i know where you are comeing from. get the Ehem aqua ball. i have it set up in my room in my 20 galloon tank. gets the job done. one thing i do recamend is to get the carbon filters that you can put in. also if you dont want to deal with filters there's a little green insert that you can put bio balls,carbon, What ever ya want*BOUNCINGS. and just make shure your plecos dont hang on to it. its happed to me. hes ok. and dont get 10-20 guppys with 2 med plecos they atack them. you might wana get biger fish. they wont atack them.*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS*BOUNCINGS
*twirlysmi*SUNSMILE* to see it go to youtube and put in this

youtube.com/scottlocks

its my AquaBall Mod=2210

Last edited:

TMony

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2008
Are you thinking a hob filter or a canister? The AquaClear HOB filters seem to run very quiet. If you go with a canister it would be more expensive, but also quieter.