Rainbow sharks.

Dec 20, 2009
Canada
One of my Rainbow sharks keeps rushing the other. More so when I'm feeding them. I think hes stoping him from eating. Now the one whos "attacking" is really big and the others small. The small one is also albino, the other is just normal black. If that matters. What I was wondering is should I be worried about what hes doing? or will he get over it? or are albino rainbow sharks weaker than non-albino rainbow sharks? Also the albino still has his full fins so theres no fin biting.

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
You really should not keep rainbow sharks together in such a small tank. The minimum recommended tank size for two rainbow sharks is 100 gallons, and that is only if it is heavily planted. I suggest getting rid of at least one, if not both of the sharks. Also, rainbow sharks are NOT good community fish and will definitely terrorize your other fish when they are larger.

Rainbow Shark - Epalzeorhynchos frenatus

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
lol
Yes they will outgrow and be aggressive. most "shark" fish will not be suitable for the tank because they grow too big. even the semi-aggressive SAEs (which are in the same "shark" category) will grow too big..

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
What happens is the fish's skeleton will have its growth stunted. The fish's internal organs, however, will continue to grow and will outgrow the skeleton. The organs get too big for the skeleton, they explode/implode and the fish dies of organ failure. Sounds really nice and comfortable, doesn't it?