re : a dilemma, pls help me

srangel

Small Fish
Apr 18, 2006
Los Angeles
www.myspace.com
Hello everbody and thanks to those who responded to my other postings. I seem to be having a problem right now. I had just purchased a mini bow 5 gallon at walmart for only $35.00. Its 2 days old, i already have 3 platys, 2 female & 1 male. I went to petsmart yesterday and saw a 10gallon aquarium set for only $39.00. My question is, is it a possibility to return the used mini-bow to walmart? And do u think at this point it is more wiser to get the 10gallon. I move around alot is the reason i opted for just the 5gallon. But it seems to me that i can only have a maximum of 5 fishes. Since its 1 gallon per inch, right. So i am quite in a dilemma right now. Is a 10gallon hard to move? The only reason i chose 5 is coz i might be moving to another city soon. ANd i didnt want the burden of having to trouble myself w/ carrying such a big tank. It seems difficult. Pls help me think this over. I am planning to breed the platy. I am curious on seeing how frys are made out of live bearers. In the past, i was able to breed my convicts cichlids but the tank was 40gallons. Thanks! I will await your response.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Depends on how you're moving... if you're moving just with a car, one trip kind of thing, a 10g will be more of a pain to fit in with the other stuff. If you're doing multiple trips or renting a truck or something, the 10g isn't hard to move at all. You'll have more room in the 10g for fish, the 5g will be maxed out once those fish grow up.

The platies will breed really easily, and the more decorations or plants or things you have the more the babies will be able to hide and the more babies will be able to grow up. Unlike the convicts, the mother platies will eat the babies unless they can hide.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
If you do decide to take the tank back to wal-mart just besure to clean it very well. It should look like it was never used, because they aren't supposed to take used tanks back. Just something to ponder.

I used to work there for 6 yrs...... and I have seen them take back fried chicken from another grocery store. Just tell them that you did not like it.Period. Just as long as you have your receipt, there should be no problem at all. The most of the people that work at the service desk have the attitude....if you have the receipt, and all the stuff that came with the tank..... you will get your money back. Hope this helps...