Re-doing 29 gallon

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
alright so i am deciding to redo my 29 gallon, i already redid my 5 gallon and my new 2 gallon is cycling. i currently have about 5 guppies and 2 platies in my 29. im going to move the guppies and platies to my 5 gallon. in my 5 gallon i have some white wisteria, and some floating cabomba. in my 2 gallon i have a small bunch of anachris and some more floating cabomba. in my 29 gallon right now is a sword plant, not sure what it is cause i got it in clearance, 2 bunches of anachris, cabomba(planted, a bacopa plant, and tons of floating cabomba.

am i able to stock my 29 with these fish, 3 angel fish, 10 neon/glow-lite tetras, 5-6 barbs (cherry or tiger), a pleco, and a few corys and maybe some more tetras, not sure whats at the store.

Aug 4, 2006
Alabama
I would only put 2 angels max in a 29g. They may be aggressive if they start to breed or if they aren't a pair, they could fight, so it may be safer to only get 1. I'd only put in 2 schools of fish with one angel. And get more than a few cories...they are shoaling, so would appreciate 6 or more.

If you go with 2 angels, then only have 1 schools of maybe 10, plus the cories, barbs, and plecos. Even then it may be a bit overstocked.

I think the 5g will be overstocked with the guppies and platies. A 10g would be better.

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
alright so i went to petland today and they had some pretty cool fish on sale. heres what i got

5 scisor light tail tetras (not sure if thats their real name)
5 head and tail light tetras (pretty cool fish)
3 flagfish (1male 2 female)(extremely awesome fish) iv never seen these before but i had heard about them, while i was waiting to be helped i fliped through one of their books and found info on them. pretty cool fish, they are schooling with my platys.

all the tetras are schooling together , and the flagfish and the platys are schooling too, it looks pretty cool =)

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
i decided im not going to get any semi-aggresive fish, im gonna get all non agressive just for safety. the flagfish are pretty cool fish, the male is colorfull, i had to search for about 20mins looking for information on them, not much out there.

does anyone have info on flagfish they would like to share?

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
they are getting along quite nicely, its a nice looking tank, i added some more plants to it, is there a reason why all the fish swim in the center of the tank 99% of the time and dont swim anywere else? the flag fish swimm along the back of the tank at the bottom....